The ISG Student Council is a group of elected students that represent the student body and acts as a bridge between students, staff, and parents. We aim to make student life more comfortable and memorable.
There are officers as well as grade-level representatives from 4th to 12th grades. We have new representatives each year. The Student Council raises funds through weekly pizza & focaccia sales, bake sales, and other events. The funds are used to ensure the commodity of both students and faculty members in school, as well as local and international charitable organizations.
Our student-created constitution is based on the three R’s, pillars of ISG’s mission:
As members of the Student Council, we will…
SHOW RESPECT . . .
- Help each other/work together
- Listen to and respect ALL voices
- All grade level representatives have equally valid ideas
- Think about others, not just your own goals
- Give thoughtful feedback
DEMONSTRATE RESPONSIBILITY . . .
- Be a leader on your own task or job
- Come to meetings and events on time
- Share responsibilities
- Use your time wisely/set deadlines
REACH FOR EXCELLENCE . . .
- Be creative
- Ask for feedback
- Active listening (no side conversations)
- Express yourself – everyone can and should participate